Tuesday 13 June 2017


Prayers and angels


'A radiant sunflower'

One day between appointments, I was walking towards the main hospital from the Macmillan Centre when two women stopped me.  They handed me a leaflet about a religious event taking place in Belfast.

One of the women asked me if there was anyone needing any healing who they could pray for.  Being completely selfish I said, 'What about me?  I'm getting cancer treatment.'  'Yes,' they said, 'Can we pray for you now?'  'What NOW?' I was rather taken by surprise as I wasn't expecting them to do it there and then, but they did. 

They stood either side of me, laid their hands on me and and prayed out loud for me.  I admitted to feeling slightly awkward as people were looking at us as they walked past.  I started to relax a little and allowed the waves of positivity wash all over me.  When they finished one of them said, 'Oh, Karen.  You're like a radiant sunflower.  You've now been healed.' 

I'm not especially religious but I did feel quite chuffed.  

'Go for it'

On another occasion, I dropped in to a Macmillan visualisation and meditation session.  It wasn't quite what I expected but nonetheless it was very calming and relaxing. 

Towards the end of the session, the teacher asked us to choose a card from a pack in the way that a magician does.   She then asked us to read out what was on our card.  

Now I've not been particularly into things like guardian angels, but my card actually struck a chord with me.  It said 'Go for it'.  And I think that's what I'm trying to do on this cancer journey. 

I will take any help (within reason!) from anywhere if it gets me through some of the dark days ahead.




Next time...

Starting chemotherapy.


PS

Let me know below if there's anything specific about my breast cancer journey you'd like me to blog about.

If you've enjoyed my blog, feel free to follow me on Twitter: @luvvacurry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales of Lourdes...continued I've been a bit remiss of late.  I haven't got round to writing any more blogs but after a bit of...